Major Site Upgrade
After a year in the doldrums, the site has had a major upgrade with an update from the development server. There are innumerable bug fixes and the most notable are:
- Added the Spanish version to the menu and it now switches language back and forth more consistently. I wish I could say seamlessly but It still has the occasional glitch. The easiest fix is to switch to another language and back again.
- Tidied up many of the broken links. This is an on going project and there are still a few broken links to be fixed – especially in the Spanish and Korean versions.
- Fixed up the display and fonts so the figure captions are now distinctive and the calculators look cleaner. The overall look of the site is simpler and the menu is more structured.
- The side menu is now on a tablet. Its disappearance drove me nuts.
- I removed the Quizzes since they were out of date and didn’t always work correctly. New ones will be added but there is no target date.
- A note now appears if Flash is not installed. Flash can be installed for Firefox at: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ I would like to change the Flash animations to HTML5 but it is a laborious process.
- Comments are back but feedback has been removed. There is an endless battle against spammers. Unfortunately I had to remove the feedback form due to the overwhelming amount of spam. I stlil have all your feedback notes and I am working to fix them. To leave a comment you have to login and then leave the comment. It is more laborious but the advantage is I can reply to comments.
Thanks to everyone who has left comments and/or feedback. They are invaluable for improving the site.